Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wednesday August 26 - Cultural Perspectives on the Wall

Today we visited the Ohio University and saw an exhibition about the Berlin wall.
I found it very interesting to go to an exhibition about German history in America, but I was very disappointed about this because it was so small, and if you don't know anything about it you would not understand!
So we didn't learn anything new!

The presentation was not very good, I think. The exhibition was very very small, and I could not understand every picture!

This exhibit is very different! because there was nothing about the history, there were only pictures. I really don't know if there are any international effects of the fall, maintenance, and reconstruction of sections of the Berlin wall because I think that nobody really cares about it, if he didn't live in Germany, but maybe it is a bit daunting to international people. I hope so!

I think that the wall in the minds of most Germans still exist, and in the minds of those born after the wall fell, but not as crazy as it was some years ago.
It only may get better with the years!
See you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marlen,

    Do you think that the average American would learn anything from this exhibit, or do you think he/she would need to study the history first in order to appreciate it?

    See you tomorrow,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete