Tuesday, August 25, 2009

August 25 - How Children Play and Learn

I think the museum is very different to other museums because the children can play and do some activities, and there are not many texts to read for the children, so for them it is learning by doing, so the curators make many different things for the children that everybody has got something to play with.
The young ones can play with balls, for example, and the older ones can climb in the wood .

I think at the water station, the children should learn something about physics, but I think that they don't really do. For the children, it's more fun, so maybe the children would remember something about this later when there is a situation in which they need something about that, but I think they actually don't really learn something at this time.

I think what is most important about that is that the children would remember about things they have seen in the museum. If they have to read large texts, they are supposed to be disinterested, and the things the children are learning by doing, they would remember a longer time.
If they sit in a classroom, they would be so disinterested about what the teacher says that something like the children's museum is a very welcome alternative!
I like it very much!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marlen,

    I'm glad you liked the children's museum. It certainly is more interesting than a traditional classroom for a child.

    **Please see my previous note about using too many exclamation points.

    See you soon,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete