Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday August 17 - The first Blog - buildings and landscape

Hi all,
At fist I want to say something about the buildings and the landscape! I think there is everything I can think of! There are really big and crazy buildings, and there are really little ones (where you could think they'll fall down in the next weeks) too. It's the same with the landscape! There are beautiful green oasis and terrible gray sides!
I really don't expected so see so many little houses and fences in the town, but I can't say what I expected to see...
I've said it's like in the American films, but I never thought that it's real!!
I would say, that the area of the university is like a enormous oasis with so much green and so clean, that it is really different from the rest of the town!!
I think, that the really big and great buildings like the high rises are what I expected to see and what reflect most what I knew, or think about the American culture!
Now I've seen some of the (I think typical) American houses! A really big flag of the United States on every house and much green is over here! I like that!
And I am really interested how these houses are looking inside!! Because I think they aren't really big!
But this will be a mystery=)
All in all I like the American houses! And all the others are interesting!!
I love this much green everywhere!
See you...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marlen,

    I agree with you, I love the green all around Cincinnati. Where I live there are lots of trees everywhere which I really appreciate because in other parts of USA and Canada it is not so green. I think it is very interesting how you compare what you see to American movies. It will be interesting to see if you still feel that way at the end of your stay! I think you will probably get your wish to see inside an American house too sometime soon.

    See you tomorrow,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete