Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wednesday September 2 - The Culture of Music in America

Yesterday we visited the world famous Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland.

The first thing is that it don't look like a normal museum. When you get in there are some really big guitars, and you can take pictures with it. I liked it very much because I don't like normal stupid museums.

I think that the musicians were presented not very well in the museum. I think it would be better if there were more information about his/her life and music, so this would be more interesting, I think.
In opposite to the musicians the key periods of music history are very well presented in the museum, I think.
The thing with the clothes was funny, but for me a bit to much, so it becomes prevalence and I don't like that.
An other thing was that at the ground floor the walks were very convoluted, and so very confusing.
Maybe they have done these choices so that the people be longer in there.
All in all I liked it.

I think there was not very much said about the role of music in American culture.
The only thing you can maybe realize is that most of the famous musicians are from America, but not all, for example, The Beatles.

I think the musicians are often portrayed as heroes despite their sometimes negative and harmful behaviors because they make it. They have done all for their dreams, and only because of that they become famous, and on the opposite of that it shows how you can slide down after you take-off.
It only shows what being famous can do to you!

See you...

1 comment:

  1. Do you think that there is a difference between a talented musician and a famous musician? Fame and fortune are not always found with talent.

    ReplyDelete